Whenever possible I will cite the source; if you find your recipe on here, please email me so I can give you the credit!

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Cream Cheese Biscuits

For my birthday this year I said I wanted a KitchenAid mixer. In orange. The Man said that this was a reasonable request.

Needless to say, once I found out that the mixer was in hand, I needed to have it now. My birthday isn't for a couple more days. (Just over 38 hours from writing this post, but who's counting?)

Sooo I got the mixer early. I also got a wonderful cookbook specifically for the mixer. For my very first recipe I made Cream Cheese Biscuits*.

You can use any mixer for this recipe, or if you want you can do it without a mixer at all.

  • 2 cups Flour
  • 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Sugar
  • 3/4 tsp Salt
  • 3 oz Cream Cheese, cut into pieces (approximately 1/2 cup minus 2 Tbsp)
  • 1/4 cup Shortening, cold cut into pieces
  • 1/2 cup Green Onion, finely chopped
  • 2/3 cup Milk

Preheat oven to 450F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.

Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into mixing bowl. Put in the cream cheese and shortening pieces while mixing on low. Mix until it looks like crumbs.

Stir in the onion. Add milk slowly until dough comes together.

On a well floured surface, knead the dough 10-15 times. Roll out to 1/2-3/4" thick.

Use a round 3" cookie cutter to form the biscuits and transfer to baking sheet. You should get 8-12 biscuits depending on how thick you made them.

Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.

Brush with butter if desired. This isn't necessary but will keep the tops soft if they aren't eaten right away.


Don't really like onion? You can replace the onion with 1/2 cup real bacon bits, or grated cheese, or finely diced ham or pretty much anything your heart desires.

That's my taste on it.

*Original Recipe can be found on page 36 of The Complete KitchenAid Stand Mixer Cookbook published 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment